Train Alert GUI

by eduran

Adds a GUI displaying train-related alerts.

Content
4 years ago
Trains

g Disabling an alert type?

5 years ago

Is it possible to disable alerts for a given type?

For example, I have trains that intentionally unload or sit at stackers for a long time, giving me "Waiting at a station" alerts that are not an indication of a problem. Alerts really need to be for "problems", not for normal events.

5 years ago

Is it possible to disable alerts for a given type?

Yes. Go to mod settings -> map tab -> Train Alert GUI and set the timeout for "Waiting at a station" to -1.

For example, I have trains that intentionally unload or sit at stackers for a long time, giving me "Waiting at a station" alerts that are not an indication of a problem. Alerts really need to be for "problems", not for normal events.

I am working on adding an ignore list that will allow you to disable each alert type on a per-train basis. If you only have a few trains with long station wait times, that might be better than disabling the alert altogether.

5 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I found a couple of bugs when I went to change the "Waiting at station" value.

Bug report:

1) If I set it to -1 with no games open, it does not take effect on existing saves. My save still has the old value.

2) If I set it to -1 with a game loaded, it crashes back to the menu.

If I completely exit Factorio after setting the value to -1 and relaunch, the -1 value still shows before getting in the game, but I get the old value when I load the game.

Until the bug is fixed, is there a file associated with the game save that can be edited to make it -1?

5 years ago

1) If I set it to -1 with no games open, it does not take effect on existing saves. My save still has the old value.

That is normal Factorio behavior. Settings made in the main menu only apply to new games. Settings made in game only apply to that game.

2) If I set it to -1 with a game loaded, it crashes back to the menu.

I've uploaded a new version, which should (among other things) fix that problem.

5 years ago

I wonder if it takes a while to deploy the updated versions. I did not get one, not even by completely restarting Steam and Factorio, then going into mods and trying to see if it complained about version being out of date.

The mod version that is showing is 0.2.4.

The error (that still happens when I set the value to -1) is:

The mod Train Alert GUI caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Train_Alerts::on_tick (ID 0)
Train_Alerts/control.lua:121: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
Train_Alerts/control.lua:121: in function <Train_Alerts/control.lua:95>

5 years ago

Very odd. I can see version 0.3.0, both in game and here on the Downloads page. It has a few downloads already. If that issue persists you should try the Technical Help forum.

The good news is that your bug is fixed with the new version.

5 years ago

Very odd. I can see version 0.3.0, both in game and here on the Downloads page. It has a few downloads already. If that issue persists you should try the Technical Help forum.

The good news is that your bug is fixed with the new version.
I had to uninstall and reinstall the mod from scratch but I am now on 0.3.0, and I was able to set the value to -1.

Thank you for fixing this so quickly.

New response