Surfaces Reloaded deprecated

by Danacus

Reach up to the skies or dig deep below, expand your base vertically... If you're into that kind of thing. Original by Simcra, ported to 0.14-0.16 by Erdbeerbaer. Port to 0.17 started by DeltaNedas and continued by Danacus.

3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Some thoughts

3 years ago

Hello, firstly i would like to express my appreciation for this mod and its authors, the idea behind it is really nice, but when going underground removing the cave walls is really a tedious job and far from joyful, so I'd ask for you to implement a way to smooth things up, at least mining drones mod support would be amazing.

3 years ago

In fact compatibility with AAI vehicle: miner would be nice aswell

3 years ago

I know and I completely agree, however I don't plan to make any major changes to this mod. I have an upcoming reimplementation of this mod, which includes cave generation and has a much easier, landfill-like way to mine cave walls. These mods currently lack testing and graphics though. (I'm usually busy with university, and when I'm not I don't feel motivated to do these "tedious" tasks, so there has been a year with barely any progress)

The AAI miner mines ores if I'm not mistaken, so that will never work I'm afraid.

3 years ago

While fixing another issue, I looked into an easy way to make removing cave walls less tedious. I dropped the health of cave walls significantly. Grenades should now be able to instantly destroy a large area of cave walls (as well as nukes :) ).

3 years ago

Thank you!

New response