Surfaces Reloaded deprecated

by Danacus

Reach up to the skies or dig deep below, expand your base vertically... If you're into that kind of thing. Original by Simcra, ported to 0.14-0.16 by Erdbeerbaer. Port to 0.17 started by DeltaNedas and continued by Danacus.

3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Surface Pollution

4 years ago

Curious, but how does pollution spread between the levels?

4 years ago

I don't think it does at all. It would be cool, but probably not possible to implement efficiently.

4 years ago

Cool, was curious. Suppose maybe later on it could, like up in the sky, diffusion is double due to like air currents, or maybe have like acid rain due to too much, etc. Thank you for the speedy reply.

4 years ago

My current goal is to create a good framework that would allow other mods to mod such features in instead of just throwing it all inside of one mod, because not everyone is going to want these features anyway. I do like your ideas, I'll just have to look into a good way to implement this. But that will be something I add when my new mod (which will probably replace this mod) is done, I'm currently just maintaining this port of the surfaces mod and I'm not really planning to add these features to this mod.

4 years ago

I'd probably just put a "every 60 tick" (or more) check for each ladder and propagate any pollution up. cheap way to get a reasonable result.

4 years ago

I think that would be a reasonable solution.

4 years ago

yeah i agree, if you want, could even do something and make it a modifiable setting? like if people want that to check or uncheck it in the startup. Sorry for the delay, been trying to play with your mod and have fun, and work.

4 years ago

I'd definitely make that a setting, no point in hard coding it.

4 years ago

yeah ive seen my limitations on cheesing with your mod. I was trying to build a nearly underground base, with my main factory up top, and some mining to begin with, im doing it Krastorio, and I see the output limit on those batteries between layers, and im like...well now.

its great, at least i can make a sky base with some storage, and some power. havent made it to solar panels but i assume they dont work underground

4 years ago

I think solar panels work just fine underground, might be a cool idea to disable them underground.

New response