Stack Size Combinator

This mod adds a combinator that outputs the stack size of every item.

Content
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Circuit network

i Strategy reworking

4 years ago

Hi! I start play with your awesome mod, but bump into some problems: Input signal is changed when combinator is placed and get valid item signal. This behavior restrict to use stack size combinator in blueprints. Maybe input signal should be only filter strategy? If I use "copper" input signal, only copper will be output signal even if no copper input. If I use "Every", then every input item signal will be outputed with stacked size. This behavior will make this mod brutally usable and flexible!

4 years ago

And will be awesome if it works as math combinator: If i set "Every" to input and "Every" to output, then input signals go to output with stack size same items way. But if I set output signal other than "Every"(lets say "G", anyone), all outputs (if fits in input filter) is summarize in this output signal. Brutality!

4 years ago

Hi, those sound like great changes. I did look into a way to just take whatever signal comes in and applying the stack size to it but I didn't manage to make it work that way at the time. Unfortunately I won't be able to spend any time modding Factorio right now

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Would you let me do a patch for you? Or maybe I use your code and graphics for fork?

4 years ago

Sure, I can give you access to the mod page and the github if you want

4 years ago

TY sir! I do my best. Accesses not nessesary, do on my own.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=77709

Here is a solution. As modding decider and arithmetic combinators is rather hard and limited, it only relies on modded constant combinators. It has a larger footprint, but it transforms a signal of items into a signal of amounts of stacks these items take up.

PS: and yes, one could say I just want to show off my creation.

New response