Production Scrap 2

All items produce industrial waste, which must be recycled. See the Changelog and FAQ for other mod compatibility.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Possible bug with scrap amount of cards

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello,
sorry for raising again a point...

I have scrap amount numbers which are maybe not correct...

green card 6 % (just about right)
red card 12 % (seem double probability)
blue card 72 % (whoobing :-) )
RCU seems 120% ( ups seems like broken machines)

i checked, but even with only base & your mod (Production scrap 2; scrap lib; bobs) this is the case..

edit : also other higher tiers of recipes seems to have huge amounts of scrape; my impression that the probabilitys is a sum of the ingredients-probablities

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Well, first of all, I must point out that I have incorporated the functions that are in scraplib into this mod, so it is unnecessary to use scraplib. I'm fairly certain that it won't harm anything by having them both loaded, but I just wanted to mention that. Also, just to be clear, you WILL need boblibrary in order for Scrap2 to work.

In the latest version (0.17.2) I did a lot of balancing of almost every item, so for that reason, the numbers you see will be different (some higher, some lower) than in previous versions. Also, there are three variables influencing the amount of scrap produced: one is the probability factor, the 2nd is the amount modifier, and the 3rd is a "hard-coded" value in the mod's code. The values for probability and amount modifier can be changed in the mod settings.

The 3rd hard-coded value is a result of the balancing I did. For example, the green circuits have a value of 1, the red circuits have a value of 2, the blue circuits have a value of 12, etc. The actual amount of scrap produced each cycle depends on this number multiplied by the amount modifier, and on the probability. And yes, the hard-coded values represent (admittedly arbitrarily in some cases) the number of ingredients needed to produce the item.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I ditched the scrap-lib.....
and use the lates scrap mod (i needed to do some altercations in my factory)
values in game are the same....
i did not changed the base values (at least not that i know)

but if you multiply the in the post stated values with the normal 6% scrap probability the cards will be like in the game (2x6% =12% & 12x6 = 72%)
That means i the long run for blue card you will get 3 scrap for 4 blue card. (if my understanding of probility is correct)
I think thats too much, every production line with this amount of scrap will be scraped immedatly .-)

i may suggest to view the hard coded value for every item as 1 or maybe 2 because you get ingredients which are good and then the scrap could be viewed as as function of difficulty to assemble, but this is covered by the time to build.

New response