Production Scrap 2

All items produce industrial waste, which must be recycled. See the Changelog and FAQ for other mod compatibility.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Possible problem with FireDepartment and/or Universal turret Mods

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello,

as i tried to include also the FireDepartmen & Universal turret mod there seems that the scrap mod overwrites /chancel out the unversal turrets.....

If i include your mod then i don't have a working universal turret anymore for recipe.

5 years ago

That's odd, because the mod doesn't do anything with those two mods (yet). I don't see how it could overwrite something it doesn't know about. Maybe the Universal turret mod is changing the basic turret recipe at the same time the Production Scrap mod is. I could see that as a possibility. In any case, I'll have to add those two mods to the list for compatibility. Still working on other issues at the moment. Balancing is a hard job. :)

5 years ago

It seems that scrap modify the universal-turret-recipe to a normal gun-turret, so the unviversal turret is effectively chanceled

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

No, I looked at the code again, Production Scrap 2 does not do anything to a "universal-turret" recipe, so there must be some other factor causing the problem you're seeing. The only turrets that are changed by the mod are gun-turret and laser-turret. Did you check your log file to see if anything pops up there? Are you using the latest version of Universal Turret (0.17.8)?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I just tried loading the Universal Turret mod (0.17.8). My factorio version is 0.17.26. I loaded up a savegame (also with Production Scrap 2 v0.1.2), did the research for Universal Turret, then built one and also built a vanilla gun turret. I put piercing ammo in the gun turret, and shotgun shells in the universal turret. Both seem to accept the ammo properly. I wasn't actually able to see if they would fire or not, because my save has biters turned off. But I was able to build and put ammo in the Universal Turret.

You must have another mod that is making that change, or else you have an older version of the mod. I'm not sure.

5 years ago

i will check it...

but for the moment, when i have only scrap & universal turret then the recipe for the universal turret is changed (to a recipe with scrap and the normal turret as result)

i hope i can fix this then

5 years ago

I hope you can figure it out, too. If not, try to send me your factorio-current.log and your savegame if possible, so I can look at it and maybe try to figure out what it's doing. I'm not sure how to send those things through here, but you can message me on the factorio forums (user = badtouchatr).

5 years ago

@nosports, were you able to figure out the problem? I noticed that Uniturret mod is doing some funny stuff with recipes and items. Some of them are locked behind research, it seems. I am curious to see if you were still having the problem. I still don't see how uniturret can create scrap, since it doesn't know about it.

5 years ago

Hello,

unfortunately not.....

i tried an other mod (recycling machines), not sure anymore, but i did had the same problem then i think.
So for now i don't include neither of them.
Will recheck if i see anything checkable from my side, but for now waiting for a newer version of the scrap-mod

I think that scrap search for things and unfortunately if also finds the universal-turret and then change the recipe to gun-turret + scrap instead of universal-turret+scrap (but again not sure, and not provicient in modding)

Currently trying to get the ratios right with your mod

Beside i did not find any log - but i am sure somewhere on the computer there it is

5 years ago

Well I can assure you that the scrap mod is NOT doing anything with the universal turret right now. Maybe in the future.

Also, don't get too comfortable with the scrap ratios, because they will all change soon! That's part of the balancing work I'm doing at the moment.

5 years ago

yeah......
its a work in progress....
i am sure it will be even better as for now

only thing i see is the ratio for circuit scrape (i would double the stack-size & and change the recipe to recive more scrap in on process)

i am more in state to build my mod, i maybe try to use your waste-water also

very big thanks :-)

New response