Production Scrap 2

All items produce industrial waste, which must be recycled. See the Changelog and FAQ for other mod compatibility.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Recipe errors

5 years ago

Just a few bugs in the recipes. Mostly it's updating for 0.17 changes.
1) 0.17 added Steel to the Assembler 2 recipe, this mod reverts that.
2) Various sciences aren't producing the correct amounts. Chemical Science is definitely only producing 1 per craft, should be 2. I haven't gotten to Military, Utility, or Production in my game yet, but if I'm reading the recipes right Military will only produce 1 instead of 2, and Utility and Production will produce 2 instead of 3.
3) There are 2 recipes for Pipe when handcrafting, one that makes scrap and one that doesn't. Assemblers only have the scrap-producing recipe available.

That's all I've noticed, other than the known 4.2G handcrafting bug.

Thank you for the mod, I like that it adds some complexity and new things without being overwhelming.

5 years ago

re: 1) - I had not noticed that recipe change yet. Whoops
re: 2) - I found in his code where those values are and made the changes for my private use. Hadn't thought about letting Dell know. Maybe I should? Oh, I also found where he uses the 0.16 value for steel crafting time (17.5 sec). I changed that back to the 0.17 value (16 sec).
re: 3) - again, looking at the code, Dell added some test code trying to figure out the handcrafting problem. iron pipe was one of several items he did this for. for those items, he made one recipe "hidden" to try to diagnose the problem, but I haven't heard if he's solved that yet.

5 years ago

Hi Badtouchartr!! We can continue this mod together... i just add you as collaborator, if we can work together... You can upload your fixed code please! Sorry for the mistakes in atualization!

5 years ago

Thank you, DellAquila. Should I call you Dell, Aquila, DA, or just the full name? :)

Anyway, I will try to release an updated version soon, with the above mentioned changes. Also -- I have been looking at it and testing to try to fix the handcrafting problem and the 4.2G problem, but haven't had any luck so far. I really love the idea of what this mod does to the vanilla game, so I think I will continue to work on this. I do know Lua, and had created a mod for the Farming Simulator game, but I'm just not familiar with factorio's modding (yet). This will be exciting!

5 years ago

Thank you guys! The idea of this mod is awesome. It will take lots of work to add some common modded items to this but I am willing to help. Im not the best at this factorio Lua, but if I am provided a template I will add items from many many different mods/compatibilities.

5 years ago

badtouchatr, :) You can call me Aquila !! :) hehehhe Man, if you can fix the 4.2G problem, it will be so nice! I think they reverse the 0,05% probability dividing by this, i dont understand why... Thanks for the effort e for all the support for the Mods. The Factorio Modding system is very simple, i think you gonna learn quickly , probably easier than Farming Simulator, that is a great game too...

Pwnographic, that is great too, we need this compatibility. Lets work together on this!

5 years ago

@Pwnographic, if you could send me a private message on the factorio forums (just search for my name), we could see about getting started with more mod compatibility. Thank you!

New response