Production Scrap 2

All items produce industrial waste, which must be recycled. See the Changelog and FAQ for other mod compatibility.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Trying this mod out

6 years ago

Hi,

I've decided to play a sometimes public map using ProductionScrap2, OreChaos, AttachNotes, NixieTubes, and Recursive-Blueprints. I figure the combination should be challenging enough to result in some rewarding gameplay.

So far the result is this;

• I can't direct miner->smelt ore, because changing ore type in a smelter will cause it to stall. Had to separate them and Ctrl+drag it in.

• I was using filter splitter patterns to separate ore, but it backs up if you have too much of any kind. So I created a circuit network check to stop a belt if there's too much.

• I created a smelter BP that recirculates scrap plate and IMHO is prettier than even the normal one.

• My tiny pre-bus factory now has a few scrap material boxes I can't seem to do anything with yet. I found once it generates a scrap, if you leave at least one in there, and reserve the other spots it will only take out the scrap piece and the rest can continue through the inserter handoffs. I'm looking forward to having a process for them.

6 years ago

Thank you very much for playing and for the feedback, it was very important to me! I'm making changes for improve the mod , and end these problems that you reported.

About the direct miner->smelt stall

I tried to make the exit of the furnaces with more exit options (4 instead of 2), but it did not work. I've tried also to make more places for entrance, but furnaces can only enter 1 ore at a time ... I'll keep trying something to solve this, but I think for now we will have to withdraw with inserters when we have more than one ore entering the furnace.

Because of the variety of ore in the same place, maybe we have to build some chest for "buffer" that we use less.... otherwise it will really start to stuck the whole line of ores...

If you have the code of BP for recirculate scrap plate, please copy here for us!! XD Thanks!

Soon you will be able to use chemical machines to recycle all machines. Sooner you unlock this tech, better. The "scrap"is the final thing that generates after all recycling process. Now you can turn this in mines, grenades, landfill, big chests and solid-fuel. If you have any suggestions for what to do with it besides these things, it will be very welcome!

I really happy you are enjoying (or suffering XD) this mod. Thanks again for the feedback

New response