Oxygen2.0

by Va7ya

We shouldn't take air for granted.

4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Basically unplayable with AAI Industry and Krastorio 2

3 years ago

I'm using AAI Industry with Krastorio 2, and this Mod added on top is absolutely infuriating, because the technology to make simple oxygen machines is locked behind a crap ton of research. I've literally done nothing except research towards machine, and I'm 3 hours in and just now unlocking the Oxygen Separator by the time I ran out of 100 big bottles of oxygen, but then I had to give myself another 10 bottles to give me time to build the machine, as I wasn't set up for Steel and some other materials. And after building it, I find out I don't even have a way to manufacture the oxygen tanks, without researching a separate machine... which is locked behind THREE more researches, so now I'm looking at a total of 120+ bottles while I figure out the last few researches. Why?

Starting a new save is basically unplayable without cheating. It's impossible to research 13+ technologies in the time your given with tree times the starting bottles (which don't seem to appear in your inventory, by the way; I had to console those in too).

You don't need to downgrade the current research requirements at all, but the Mod definitely needs some kind of basic starting machine that's easy to use and provides small bottles of oxygen, because as it stands, this Mod is zero fun. It's impossible to survive, when your only means to do so requires you to do tedious stuff nonstop for 4+ hours straight, just to unlock the means to not die constantly.

Maybe a new type of armor: an Oxygen Hazard Suit that can be built the same time as Light Armor, but gives no defense bonus, instead having a customization grid like Power Armor, but with only space to add one oxygen tank, but doubling it's efficiency. Or maybe the Oxygen Hazard Suit just makes you immune to the atmosphere: the oxygen tanks would still be needed, as if you want to wear better armor, your going to have to remove the suit and micromanage the tanks.

Alternatively, maybe just make small oxygen tanks super easy to build. Maybe allow oxygen to "scienced" out of trees or fish + Iron Plates, or something like that. Making it easier to survive, doesn't make the Mod worthless. The oxygen tanks still have to be in your inventory, which takes up space, and the tanks eventually empty, so you have to be careful about them running out, so the need for that mechanic isn't negated.

Sorry if this comes off overly negative, but I hate cheating, especially in order to get a Mod working properly. The Mod itself functions great, as far as I can tell, it's just really stressful to not be able to combat infinite death, due to lack of oxygen.

New response