Max Rate Calculator

Calculates maximum consumption/prodution rates of assemblers, plants, etc.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b None Recoverable Error

3 years ago

I tried to calculate the amount of Beacons i get a min. in a T3 assembler
Factorio v18.26
I play with Krastorio2 (v9.18) and some other minor mods not sure if you need them.

Error Message:
The mod Max Rate Calculator (3.4.37) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event MaxRateCalculator::on_player_selected_area (ID 49)
MaxRateCalculator/control.lua:58: attempt to index global 'debug' (a boolean value)
stack traceback:
MaxRateCalculator/control.lua:58: in function 'FUNC'
MaxRateCalculator/control.lua:378: in function 'write_marc_gui'
MaxRateCalculator/control.lua:585: in function 'open_gui'
MaxRateCalculator/control.lua:1100: in function <MaxRateCalculator/control.lua:1009>

3 years ago

Not seeing it with Krastorio 2. It looks like some other mod has declared a global variable 'debug', overriding the built in LUA debug object. :(

What are the other mods you're loading?

3 years ago

I had this issue, but it was odd, I would have the same crash even when I disabled every mod except this one but not in unmodded saves.

What I did to fix it was: disable MaxRateCalculator and load my modded save, save, then enable MaxRateCalculator and load that save, that fixed it.

3 years ago

Hmm, thanks

3 years ago

I've released 3.4.38 which should fix it.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Glad to see this up and running again. I missed it very much for the couple of hours it was broken the same way for me, so ... good job on that one. :)

Not seeing it with Krastorio 2. It looks like some other mod has declared a global variable 'debug', overriding the built in LUA debug object. :(

FWIW, if that actually happened then Factorio mod sandboxing is busted, and you should report it as a bug. Sounds like you figured out why, and it wasn't that, but ... mods are not supposed to be able to see or do anything to the Lua environment of other mods. :)

New response