Macerator

by Pospes

Hey, You! Are you tired of running out of ores? Do you want to have more, but also do not want unlimited resources? Then fear not, this mod is here for you! It adds 2 brand new Macerators/Mashers which crush 1 ore into 2 dusts you can smelt. Download now!

Content
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16
Manufacturing

i Balancing suggestions

6 years ago

Considering the 2-to-1 ratio these recipes have, I guess that is a bit (with the current stats) a bit OP. I suggest including steel in both buildings recipes, maybe advanced circuits to electric one. Plus for electric one, should not have less pollution per plate than miners, e.g. 17.14 per ore while current settings yield 4.655, quarter of what I like to be. It's true it's electric, but more ore means massive pollution, also most pollution comes from miners even in the beginning of the game.

The space taken is really small compared with output, the easiest way is to quadruple either pollution or recipe time, preferring the later.

For recipes suggestion I say:
8 iron plate + 10 electronic circuit + 10 stone brick + 5 steel for macerator; and
30 iron plate + 10 electronic circuit + 5 advanced circuit + 20 stone brick + 15 steel for electronic macerator.
Recipe time is convenient with smelting time so I like changing time with multipliers of 3.5.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

However, if you want the mod to be toward complex recipes then I think having ratios of 3/2 and 5/4 for macerator and electric macerator would be a step toward processing. (I'm not an expert, but for idea, think of steam processing to purify iron dust, smelting iron (into liquid, not plates) and using iron rods to clear carbon by crystallization, and then using water to cool down the magma to produce %97 iron dust and %3 steel magma which %100 gives one steel plate, and instead gives back copper magma, or any other ore to be supported that can be smelted (unlike uranium for example). Might not be scientifically accurate, but intriguing.

Appreciate your efforts, and nice mod after all.

6 years ago

Hello and thank you for the first community feedback after alomost 2000 downloads! These are some interesting ideas. I could definitely make the game a bit harder, but at the same time Iam worried about the fact that players will have to reconstruct their bases...

The initial aim of the mod back in 0.14 was to reduce the deposits-running-out-of-ore time but with belts and machines - not with increased number of ore in one deposit. The difficulty side was something I´ve never thought about. Now there are some players - like me - who enjoy having even more machines and belts in their bases (with mods), but there are probably also players who just want double ores quickly and don´t want to mess with complex...

Screw this. Iam updating this mod. Hopefully soonâ„¢.

Thanks for the feedback tho. I will make some ballance changes and make the mod harder.
Regards, Pospes

New response