Adds a range of different power producing options

Content
2 years ago
0.12 - 1.1
Power

i Small Accumulator

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

There are lots of mods out there with larger accumulators, but no one seems to make a smaller accumulator which I think could be useful both for performance and looks.

It seems like something that should be a simple project I could maybe use to learn and get into modding, but right now I don't have the skill set, particularly for graphics, and it is predicated directly by this mod so thought I'd suggest it.

Purpose: Small (capacity & size...thinking 1x1) accumulator to use with the Wind Turbine to smooth out the grid when wind speeds are slower.

Use: I have setup several road things using Asphault Pavement and Pavement Drive Assist, but they aren't necessarily near any power. I only need to power a couple low power items (lamps or a Nixie Tube, for a display, maybe a combinator) which has proven to be a perfect use for the wind turbines, but in slower wind speeds the output can drop (typically momentarily) and my lamps flicker. An accumulator is the logical solution but the current ones are overkill both in size at 2x2 and capacity (conservatively I estimate 1/2 but maybe even 1/4 the capacity is all I really need.)

I could see it being useful to power a single inserter loading a turret or similar too.

New response