Ammo Alerts

by Wyrrrd

Adds map alerts for players when a gun turret, car or artillery is either out of ammo or has low ammo.

Utilities
1 year, 1 month ago
0.18 - 1.1

g [Added] French locale

2 years ago

[Moved from Github]

Wyrrrd: I'd be happy if you would consider adding locales to my other mods, too.
d0ob: I can do that ! And would be happy too, I liked doing it ^^
d0ob: I installed a french version of the game to look at legit words, I took the occation to try the ammo alert translation, there is kindof an issue : The selection setting, about ammo spaces, it stay in english, (the drop down box "added, individually, selected") So, if it's supposed to be that way, I should maybe add the english terms to the tooltip !

2 years ago

That was a bug on my side. Fixed in 1.1.9.

2 years ago

dOob here. Ah ok, yeah I tested again after last update, nice ! It feels strange ingame to see french lol
So I pushed myself to finally learn more about github ! Not the first time it was keeping me back.
It tried some things, you tell me if it worked ^^ And if I should do something differently about it !

2 years ago

I get it, it is not very intuitive at first. The file was not correct (but I also didn't check it, shame on me). Locale in Factorio works as a string.cfg file in a folder named after the two-letter country code, itself in a folder named locale. For IDP, snouz fixed that already.

Something else, I couldn't contact you anywhere else, so I'll do it here. I am in need of another french sentence for the upcoming mini-release of IDP. I'd be happy if you could take a look at it, the changes are already on github. If not, that's perfectly fine, too :)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Ah yes, the file without folder mistake ^^
Indeed, it was more of a "getting started with [that unfriendly to me] Github" mistake =/ Sorry again about that !

Since that time, I'm now in contact with the people behind the French community mod patch, [https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PatchFR] it might be more convenient to manage the translation of your mods through that, you wouldn't have to care about it anymore !

But either way, and since it's already done that way ^^ I'm following their repository from Github now, so I should be able to keep my translation updated ! I hope this time the pull request went flawlessly ^^

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Two of those have a wrong filename/folder structure too, but don't hit yourself too hard about it. As I said, merging it unseen was the real mistake and that's on me :)

I am yet unsure how to proceed with translations. I see the benefits of the one-stop-shop translation mod, but if I decide to keep translations in my mod I can release both at the same time and won't have to worry about placeholders for untranslated strings. On the other hand it delays releases because I need you and your time to look at it (multiplied by number of languages I don't speak). I'll subscribe to them as well, to see if my mods pop up.

Either way I'd like to have another, more direct and less public channel to you than this thread, maybe Discord or similar. But better not post our Discord handles here...

This thread has been locked.