Fantario

This mod is a challenge. Featuring scrap recycling and a pre-electric burner era You can stream it ;D No problems :D

Overhaul
1 year, 7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Different frame counts (expected 1, but has 24) in animation layers

4 years ago

Hallo, new year (i hope you all have a good one) and thus trying to start a new map with Fantario (my old attempt to play Fantario got too much spaghetti and thus I'll restart, now with a different pack of mods) ... but loading failed :-(

to be able to give you more details, i enabled and disabled mods until i found which mods worked well together and which caused problems when starting together with Fantario.
the good news: all 100 mods worked well together and besides maybe 3 of them they also worked together with Fantario.
the bad news: all of these mods caused the same error message (no matter which and how many other mods i used, even when using no other mods and only one of them and Fantario), and also a second problem/bug that appeared with migration in Fantario when i restarted a map.

this is the first problem :
Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "heat-chemical-plant" (assembling-machine): Different frame counts (expected 1, but has 24) in animation layers of base/graphics/entity/chemical-plant/chemical-plant-shadow.png in property tree at ROOT.assembling-machine.heat-chemical-plant.animation.north.layers[1]

i know that this mod is mostly intended to be played by itself and having compatible mods being a bonus, but getting the same error about a bad frame count looks like some data definition is done "strangely" and it might be worth checking it for errors and/or whether there is an easy fix so that i can use all of these mods (most important to me would be the picker suite of mods since they include eg the "squeak through" functionality and lots of other QoL features).

to test which mods caused problems, i had started and immediately saved an absolutely new map with all the desired mods except for fantario. then disabled everything and enabled fantario, and then used "load game / sync game and settings" to enable all these mods again, a few at a time for maybe 10 to 20 restarts of the game. in the end almost all mods worked (loaded together with Fantario without error messages), except these three mods :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/assembler-pipe-passthrough
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PickerTweaks
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Cursed-WT

next i really started that map with all the desired mods that worked together with fantario (end result of the above test), and got this migration error message :
Error while applying migration: Fantario: Fantario_0.3.0.lua
Fantario/migrations/Fantario_0.3.0.lua:7: attempt to index field 'fantario_right/left_inserter' (a nil value)
stack traceback: Fantario/migrations/Fantario_0.3.0.lua:7: in main chunk

is this because fantario has to be installed on a new map and never can be added later to an existing map, even when that map has at most been "played" for zero to two ticks ? or did some mod cause this, eg some mod that gives me new long filter burner inserters or similar

4 years ago

Hey Anson_AKB,
new year too and I have check Fantario. Japp, a graphic (shadow) make problems. Now it fixed and I hope you can play with no complication :D
And this bug with migrations is fixed too (I hope, I cant testet it. Please write by problems, thanks)

This thread has been locked.