Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Configurable Default Values

4 years ago

… on a per map basis. Would that be possible and would you be willing to implement it?

Ideally, that would be all the values. But the most important to me would be electricity buffer, and chest and pipes update rate. The reason is that they are the most commonly used and depending on one's current progression, it makes no sense to have a default limit of 50 MW in a MK3 factory that will use tens of power-hungry beacons and whatnot.

Same for chests and pipes, as you said in your (extremely detailed and well-written) FAQ, a low value is most often than not enough. And if one were to use Bob's MK2-3 logistics chests or warehouses of any kind, even lower values would be needed since they have such a big inventory. So once again, depending on progression, it would be great if there was a way to configure these default values for newly placed factories.

Anyway, this mod's awesome and that would be the cherry on the cake.

4 years ago

I was actually thinking of completely overhauling power transfer limits, making them researchable instead of configurable. You'd get a minor brownout after every such research, as all factory buildings need to fill up their expanded power buffer at once, but hey, that's a fun challenge, and the insides of power buildings have first dibs on power so it isn't too bad.

I'm not so sure what I can do about chest and pipe connections though, since on every map there are a few instances when you do want high throughput, but mostly you want to stick to low throughput. I'll probably go with a compromise and make configurable connection speeds per-building instead of per-connection, so you can avoid mashing R that much.

4 years ago

Oh, that sounds awesome, actually! Besides, since it's done with researches, it's possible to brace for the hit on the power grid. Yeah, a fun challenge indeed.

I suppose that's a good compromise. To be honest, anything beats that R mashing.

4 years ago

I second this +1

New response