Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Productivity Modules Bugged

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Productivity Modules starting level 21 need 2 from the previous instead of 1, whilst providing the same increase then the previous (20%). All other modules just need 1 from the previous. This needs to be fixed, as it just increases the cost of 1 lvl 25 Productivity Module to 680.000 Gold Plates, instead of 7.700 Gold Plates.

Also the pollution generation of these makes no sense. lvl 3 does 10% (vanilla) and your level 4 does 160% more pulltion and it just goes up into amounts that are not feasable at all.You raise the rate by 110% on average, but sometimes only by 10% or some random number. Please get the modules in order so that they are actually useable.
Just for info:
A Furnance Warehouse with max lvl 25 Prod modules, beaconed with lvl 25 Speed modules to reach +80% speed, with max prod, does more then 1.000.000.000.000 Pollution per tick. This colors the world in pollution in a few seconds. And when i mean the world, i speak about 1.000.000 Chunks in each direction. The attack that came at me after it turned that beast on, wiped my whole base from the planet. As there were millions of millions of behemoth biters comming. No way in hell this can be defended. I had more then 20.000 Laser turrets with max walls (even walls block spiters mod installed). You need to rebalance pollution and/or pollution scrubbing OR you add some other way of static defense/walls to your mod.

Like it is now it is not possible to play with high end stuff, if you are not on an island.

5 years ago

Productivity Modules starting level 21 need 2 from the previous instead of 1, whilst providing the same increase then the previous (20%). All other modules just need 1 from the previous. This needs to be fixed, as it just increases the cost of 1 lvl 25 Productivity Module to 680.000 Gold Plates, instead of 7.700 Gold Plates. …

I’m sure that it is intentional (cost and pollution) and it is playable. +320% productivity per module is "bit" cheaty so it has to have some costs.
Materials are no problem for bigger base.
And pollution is great for fun / testing defence. Some combat mod help - I use Endgame combat - better turrets + equipment from Darkstar Utilities shred tons of biters very fast.
But sure I didn't try full Furnace Warehouse, I have to test it. Thank you for tip.

Tip: you can use 25lvl prods freely in research :o) (=no polution)

New response