Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Air Filtering

5 years ago

Hello,

Due to my oversight I used the furnance warehouse with max modules and it poluteted nearly half the planet. Now I wanted to use the air filtering systems to clean the air again, but there is no indication anywhere on how much pollution they actually remove or how effective they are. Anyone any ideas/information on that topic?

5 years ago

Hello,

Due to my oversight I used the furnance warehouse with max modules and it poluteted nearly half the planet. Now I wanted to use the air filtering systems to clean the air again, but there is no indication anywhere on how much pollution they actually remove or how effective they are. Anyone any ideas/information on that topic?

These are the numbers for each filter.
Air Filtering Machine: -3.105
Advanced Air Filtering Machine: -9.105
Pollution Scrubbing Machine: -30.105
Advanced Pollution Scrubbing Machine: -200.105

It should also be noted that the type of charge inserted itself does not effect the number, higher level filter charges simply take longer to use them up.

5 years ago

Thanks for the Info.
Sadly this does not help at all. As -200 Pollution per tick vs +200.000 per Laser Drill in comparison is just a joke . This needs to be reworked a lot. Either raise the -Pollution from the Scrubbers or reduce the pollution generation. Otherwise its not feasable at all to use them.
You would need 1000 Pollution scrubbers for 1 freaking Laser drill, and that does not include any furnances...

5 years ago

Thanks for the Info.
Sadly this does not help at all. As -200 Pollution per tick vs +200.000 per Laser Drill in comparison is just a joke . This needs to be reworked a lot. Either raise the -Pollution from the Scrubbers or reduce the pollution generation. Otherwise its not feasable at all to use them.
You would need 1000 Pollution scrubbers for 1 freaking Laser drill, and that does not include any furnances...

I am already working on overhauling the pollution system.

New response