Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

i Thoughts for "proper" large-lamp

Really just changed the size of the lamp and made it so you can connect it to circuits almost exactly the same as you do regular lamps. Made it feel more like an actual large lamp that would reasonably provide such a huge light radius.

{
type = "lamp",
name = "large-lamp",
icon = "base/graphics/icons/small-lamp.png",
icon_size = 32,
flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation"},
minable = {hardness = 0.2, mining_time = 0.5, result = "large-lamp"},
max_health = 100,
corpse = "big-remnants",
collision_box = {{-1.8, -1.8}, {1.8, 1.8}},
selection_box = {{-2.0, -2.0}, {2.0, 2.0}},
vehicle_impact_sound = { filename = "base/sound/car-metal-impact.ogg", volume = 0.65 },
energy_source =
{
type = "electric",
usage_priority = "secondary-input"
},
energy_usage_per_tick = "30KW",
light = {intensity = 5, size = 260, color = {r=1, g=1, b=1}},
light_when_colored = {intensity = 5, size = 260, color = {r=1, g=1, b=1}},
glow_size = 120,
glow_color_intensity = 0.125,
picture_off =
{
filename = "base/graphics/entity/small-lamp/light-off.png",
priority = "high",
width = 67,
height = 58,
frame_count = 1,
axially_symmetrical = false,
direction_count = 1,
shift = {-0.015625, 0.15625},
scale = 4,
},
picture_on =
{
filename = "base/graphics/entity/small-lamp/light-on-patch.png",
priority = "high",
width = 62,
height = 62,
frame_count = 1,
axially_symmetrical = false,
direction_count = 1,
shift = {-0.03125, -0.03125},
scale = 4,
},

signal_to_color_mapping =
{
  {type="virtual", name="signal-red", color={r=1,g=0,b=0}},
  {type="virtual", name="signal-green", color={r=0,g=1,b=0}},
  {type="virtual", name="signal-blue", color={r=0,g=0,b=1}},
  {type="virtual", name="signal-yellow", color={r=1,g=1,b=0}},
  {type="virtual", name="signal-pink", color={r=1,g=0,b=1}},
  {type="virtual", name="signal-cyan", color={r=0,g=1,b=1}},
},
circuit_wire_connection_point = circuit_connector_definitions["lamp"].points,
circuit_connector_sprites = circuit_connector_definitions["lamp"].sprites,
circuit_wire_max_distance = default_circuit_wire_max_distance

},

Honestly, I love this mod and you've clearly put a HUGE amount of time into it. This is just something I've changed for myself that others may like as well. Normally I'd PM you this but I haven't looked too hard into finding out if I even can.

6 years ago

Honestly, I love this mod and you've clearly put a HUGE amount of time into it. This is just something I've changed for myself that others may like as well. Normally I'd PM you this but I haven't looked too hard into finding out if I even can.

Thank You! to be completely honest circuit networks are something i never really delve into very often. mostly because i never understood fully how they worked. but since you did this i will add this code to the base mod and give you credit in the description next i update. Thanks again

Hey no problem! Just to note, this lamp is a 4x4 entity not the 1x1 like it was previously. Before it was really just a normal lamp with a HUGE area of light which I personally felt was a little OP but now it's the size of a roboport but still gives that same huge area of light of 260 tiles. Anyone using the mod with those lamps in existing worlds may have a problem upon loading, I don't know how the game would handle it but most likely it would delete their existing versions of the lamp. If people are reporting having issues because of this update then this probably needs to be re-named as a new entity.

There is a problem that as you walk away from the light it will turn off, this is caused by the game's rendering of items and lights on screen because when the light itself goes off screen it is no longer rendered so none of it's area of light is either. I don't know how to fix this myself or if we even have access to it but for now I just manage by using more of the lights everywhere lol

I don't know all the circuit connections myself either as this code only allows for about 1/2 of the light colours from your mod, I think I can find a way to make the others work and will share that code here if I find a successful way to do so. Anyways, you're more than welcome to make any edits to it as you see fit, it is your mod after all!

6 years ago

Hey no problem! Just to note, this lamp is a 4x4 entity not the 1x1 like it was previously. Before it was really just a normal lamp with a HUGE area of light which I personally felt was a little OP but now it's the size of a roboport but still gives that same huge area of light of 260 tiles. Anyone using the mod with those lamps in existing worlds may have a problem upon loading, I don't know how the game would handle it but most likely it would delete their existing versions of the lamp. If people are reporting having issues because of this update then this probably needs to be re-named as a new entity.

There is a problem that as you walk away from the light it will turn off, this is caused by the game's rendering of items and lights on screen because when the light itself goes off screen it is no longer rendered so none of it's area of light is either. I don't know how to fix this myself or if we even have access to it but for now I just manage by using more of the lights everywhere lol

I don't know all the circuit connections myself either as this code only allows for about 1/2 of the light colours from your mod, I think I can find a way to make the others work and will share that code here if I find a successful way to do so. Anyways, you're more than welcome to make any edits to it as you see fit, it is your mod after all!

I plan on editing some stuff with the lamp anyway. namely the texturing. i do think it is better this way. thanks.

New response