Conquer The Universe

by Raelf

This mod adds a moon to the game. After some research you can travel to it and find some new resources.

5 years ago

i Some suggestions I have to the mod idea

5 years ago

Hi, I told you on reddit I gonna give you my ideas I had some time ago already 😉

Tools & Help:
If you are up for suggestions, why not make a public roadmap. You could use Trello, it’s an awesome free tool. So you don’t get double suggestions
The discord community is very nice, when you need help in some parts you can get an answer there for sure

Idea for the solution that a player can get stranded:
If the player build a transportation rocket I would enable the player automatically to travel back.
The recipe could be twice as expensive, cause you basically get materials for 2 rides.
This eliminates the problem that the player can get stranded with bad planning.

Further idea:
Now that getting back is not a problem anymore, there could be planets who are missing elementary resources, but having other unique resources. This could give interesting connections between the factories on the planets:
Planet2 need import from Planet1 & Planet3, but Planet3 needs input from Planet4.
Maybe also an extra challenge: Planet4 needs input from Planet5 and Planet5 needs input from Planet4
This would give the game a nice new level of complexity. Many big and popular mods add a lot of complexity to keep the mind thinking.

About the transportation:
I imagine next level train system in a very big scale. We are talking about very late game when you start traveling to other planets because you need to be able to supply frequent rocket launches. So your base will probably take dimensions of mega bases.
The rockets should be able to transport immense amounts of resources (Start small but have technology upgrades, so its not overpowered in the beginning)
It should be worth it to import from other planets

Other ideas
Sending solar panels in space to build a dyson sphere (solar panels enclosing the sun directing light to a fixed point to maximise energy usage of the sun)
Astroid mining for some additional resources

Generation & performance
Is it possible to just generate the planet when you visit it first? Else the loading time could get very long.

I would suggest that only the „active“ planet will be calculated. All other will take the average value of the last 5min or so and generate a constant amount till you visit again.

Support to big mods like bob angels, liquid science, SpaceX could be nice, but should be optional when the mod is finished.

Hope you could do this! and good luck with your awesome mod!

5 years ago

i like it

New response