Barrel Recipes

Adds alternative recipes that use barreled fluids.

Content
4 years ago
Manufacturing

g Angel/Bob compatibility

4 years ago

as you suggested, new thread to deal with angelbob compatibiliy

as I see in the description, it does not create recipes if it has to escalate more than ten times (so, considering each barrel contains 500 units of fluid, I guess it does not create recipes if they need less than 50 or more than 5000 units of fluid).

considering this, there are still a few recipes that dont have the barreled version, even when they need more than 50 units of fluid (I think there is n recipe using more than 5000 units)

deuterium fuel cels, for starters

4 years ago

Released a new version that adds support for containers added by mods. I also added a "Recipe multiplier limit" setting. If you set that to something like 100 then most recipes added by Bob/Angel/etc should be covered.

4 years ago

ok, Im looking at it now, just a couple of things:

the recipes are based on ech barrel conteining 50 units of each fluid, but a barrel contains 100 units of any fluid actually

the electronic components are not correctly balanced, their barreled recipe uses 10 times as much of each material, but the output is 50 times the original (it should be 10 times the original), this happens with the processor and the integrated electronics items, the rest of the recipes seem to be well balanced

4 years ago

Thanks. I'll look into it.

4 years ago

one more thing, I have two mods that allow me to barrel used coolant, could you make barreled versions of recipes using coolant and used coolant?

this is the mod(https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Barrel_Coolant)

4 years ago

ok, this is weird, I hadnt tried any of the barreled recipes until now, and it turns out some recipes use some barreled fluids that are not the avaqilabe ones, this is weird, and hard to explain:

one of the recipes require bottled nytrogen, however, that bottled nytrogen recipe is not the one you craft using nytrogen and a cilinder, and the one that is required for your recipes cannot be crafted

4 years ago

and some recipes use unavailable fluids, for example, with angel's refining there's no longer heavy or light oil, but some barreled recipes still use them

4 years ago

the electronic components are not correctly balanced, their barreled recipe uses 10 times as much of each material, but the output is 50 times the original (it should be 10 times the original), this happens with the processor and the integrated electronics items, the rest of the recipes seem to be well balanced

This thing I told you is not correct, my math were wrong, the balances are ok (I thought the common recipe for those two items gave 1 item of each, but it gives 5, therefor the balance is ok)

4 years ago

ok, this is weird, I hadnt tried any of the barreled recipes until now, and it turns out some recipes use some barreled fluids that are not the avaqilabe ones, this is weird, and hard to explain:

one of the recipes require bottled nytrogen, however, that bottled nytrogen recipe is not the one you craft using nytrogen and a cilinder, and the one that is required for your recipes cannot be crafted

two examples of this are the two items I told you about, the electronic components, the last two require sulfuric acid, but its not the right one, the one they need you cannot craft

4 years ago

that wrong fluid thing happens a lot with items from this mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ScienceCostTweakerM)

4 years ago

Thanks for all the details!

New response