Wood Carbonization

by beco

Allows you to create coal by wood carbonization in furnaces (with configurable costs at your liking)

Tweaks
4 months ago
Mining

i Settings for cost/yield

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

If somehow you could implement settings for users to change the recipe cost/yield this would be the most popular wood to coal mod, at least for people who are looking for a simple wood to coal mod without extras.

10 months ago

Thanks for your input!

It took me some time to reply, because I am in the fence if I should do it or not. It took me a lot of statistical work to define the balance between cost/yield I implemented, it was not just some random number. I like the idea that when people install this plugin, and if they talk about it, they have the same "feeling" of what is achieved, and that feeling will be lost if I let an open configuration of variables.

Maybe I could implement a radio button with another option, something like rich/normal/expensive?

Please, tell me, when you use this plugin, do you feel it to be rich, normal or expensive as is right now?

Thanks for you feedback.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

I personally like 2 Wood -> 1 Coal, so currently i think it gives too much Coal(6).

In real life from Wikipedia "...small-scale production methods often yield only about 50% by volume, while large-scale methods enabled higher yields of about 90% by the 17th century", but that's just me, some people prefer different yields i guess.

The reason i made the suggestion is because there are multiple mods to convert Wood to Coal with just different yields, the settings is just a way to combine that into 1 mod alone.

6 months ago

Feedback: I'll create this option. Sorry the delay. Life keeps pushing this away. I'll probably have time next month. Thanks for your msg.

6 months ago

Always good to hear it's coming :)

4 months ago

Check out the new version! Now you can adjust costs/yield at will. Thanks for your input.

New response