Tinted Spaceship

Tints the spaceship and crash site debris to match the player's color.

Tweaks
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Forge repository and further development?

1 year, 7 months ago

Hello Maxreader,

First of all, thanks for implementing this neat little mod - I think it really adds a bit more to vanilla game, and makes it a bit more rewarding to preserve the shipwreck, it is a very nice subtle improvement on the immersion side of things :)

Since I've started messing around a bit with the shipwreck in one of my mods as well (for picking-up/placing down the shipwreck), I did notice that the tint does not change on spaceships that are placed by hand.

I am aware of the command for recoloring the shipwreck, but I was interested in contributing some patches to make the mod a bit more robust by handling different events raised by the game.

So, I have a couple of suggestions/questions:

1. Are you still actively maintaining mod? If not, would you perhaps be interested in sharing some of the maintenance privileges with me if not?

2. Would you be interested in setting-up a git repository on some forge (like Github) for making it easier to contribute patches?

3. Would you be interested in me submitting some patches for the mod? Primarily I want to make the mod be a bit more dynamic, and react to events such as force creation, merging etc. This would possibly reduce a bit the need for invoking the recolor command by hand (not a big deal, but I figured it could be a bit more seamless this way).

Best regards,
Branko

New response