Grey's Mods - Pollution Processing deprecated

by grey482

Take back control over your base's pollution output, and use it for science!

5 years ago

i Placemant

5 years ago

It is interesting, but can You change it to use Water Barrel as a substrat and give Barrel of polution, so it can be easy to place, so pipes do not add complexity to put all around the base. This will make it harder, but meaby use something diferent than water to bind Pollution, like Binding Soultion, made from water and Active Carbon - made already from water barrels or packed to barrels, to be easy transported in late game by robots. You can even try to use Logistic Assembling Machine by DellAquila.

5 years ago

Interesting concept - thanks for your feedback! I don't want to make it too hard or complicated, but perhaps this is something I can look into. I agree actually that pipes are a bit messy, and using barrels might make it interesting.

I'll do some testing and see how well it works.

5 years ago

No one said it have to be one or the other, like Oil rafinery, player can choose his best option, like for crude oil or mix with water. Since the proces of pollution gathering is a bit long, so it can be just manual with barrels for the begining, before it can be made with barrels for logistic robots.

5 years ago

PS. I do not know how far in game, it will be in tech tree, but at the begining, almost no one care about pollution, and in normal game there are only trees to absorb pollution. Pollution absorbtion is only made in mods. So You have to think, what is the purpose of this mod and it difficulty of implementation?
And there is already "Air filtering" mod, and I use it with logistic network to avoid extra belts going aroun the base.

5 years ago

I liked your mod, and the idea of dewast about sorbents is pretty good, but it seems to me that it would be more interesting to get some benefit from the absorbed pollution. during processing, for example, acid is obtained, since there is such a phenomenon as acid rain, and the resulting residue is processed into plastic or something else. it would be more interesting than stupidly converting dirty filters into clean filters and back into air filtration.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

ang error
Error while running event greysmod_pollutants::on_bullt_entity
(ID 6)
greysmod_pollutants/prototypes/control.lua:30: bad
argument #1. to 'lnsert' (table expectedfgot nil)
stack traceback:
[C]:in function lnsert
greysmod_polIutants_/prototypes/control.lua:30: in function
<greysmod_pollutants/prototypes/control.lua:27>

New response