Capitalism deprecated

by xaos23

Freeplay scenario for up to 61 players for use with multiplayer trading and diplomacy mods. Central spawn location controlled by government. Very small amount of starting gear.

Scenarios
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g relation to Hardcore FFA

4 years ago

First of all, I think it's great that you are reusing the code. All I ask is that you give credit somewhere, something like: "This is a modified version of Hardcore FFA." I would like for the credit to appear in the mod listings and also in the files distributed to Factorio clients. You can do this by adding the credit to your description (info.json).

I assume you aren't finished implementing this mod's features, and so I'm excited to see your future developments. I plan to revisit FFA scenarios, so be on the lookout for more useful features, and possibly an FFA library to draw from. Best of luck.

4 years ago

I haven't had time to write a decent description, we're just checking to see if the code does what we want. The mod has been uploaded just to work well in multiplayer tests.
It's true that I started by modifying your code. At the moment it's hard to find similarities, but I added information in the description.

3 years ago

Thanks for adding to the web page description, but I want the credit to appear in info.json. If you don't do that, the credit won't appear in the in-game mod browser, nor will it appear in the mod files. It doesn't take but a couple of minutes. If you had time to write what you did, you have time to credit me.

As for the similarities, most of your code was copied. It's not even slightly hard to find similarities. You changed, like, some hard-coded constants. I understand that this is just a test, but you don't have to upload to the portal to test your mod. It's just convenient. Part of paying for that convenience is giving credit where it's due.

Maybe one day your mod will look so different that it doesn't matter what code you started with, but that is not the case right now. Until then, I expect proper credit.

3 years ago

Hello again, and thank you for putting the credit into info.json.

You might be interested to know that I've updated my FFA script, and much of its functionality was severed off into another mod called Persistent Character. Anyway, I thought this was particularly relevant to users such as yourself who work with my code in one way or another. Good luck in your development efforts!

New response