by ElAdamo

Now in technicolor.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0

b Error when I pressed the preview

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Correction - When I pressed the "Scan for nearby sheep" (What is that for ?)

From the log:

Error MainLoop.cpp:1199: Exception at tick 34621881: The mod Clicker caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event adamo-clicker::on_gui_click (ID 1)
adamo-clicker/lib.lua:2257: attempt to index upvalue '_ENV' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
adamo-clicker/lib.lua:2257: in function 'add_sheep_preview'
adamo-clicker/lib.lua:1991: in function 'on_clicker_gui_clicked'
adamo-clicker/lib.lua:1778: in function 'on_clicker_gui_clicked'
adamo-clicker/control.lua:733: in function <adamo-clicker/control.lua:702

Current list of mods: Image
Current info.json: Pastebin

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I've been chasing this one for a while. It has something to do with not being able to save a function to the global table, I think. I'll see what I can do. Is it happening continuously? IF it's happening after loading a map, usually just closing and reopening the clicker frame will fix the problem.

The sheep cam will bring up a window that scans through any compilatrons you have, switching to the next compilatron after 10 seconds or something like that. You can click on the window for a larger view (just like you would do with another player on multiplayer). You can add compilatrons with my Companions mod. They are like little roving cameras, I guess? You can also make them follow you and move to places with the button. You can use them to attack bugnests. They're not invincible, but they are tough, and they'll eat trees to regenerate, unless I removed that part.

Thanks for the report, and for using my mod.

4 years ago

Hey, what version are you using?

4 years ago

There is only one version here - 0.0.5

4 years ago

It used to have more. Just checking. I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't possible you had another version. :)

4 years ago

Also, is not continues as it crashes the game - "Clicker caused a non-recoverable error"

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The fix I mentioned, it does not fix it? Typically this issue comes up when you load a map that has a clicker interface already displayed. In that case, closing the interface and then reopening it clears the data structure, and the issue is resolved. So definitely give that a try if this is what is happening. Otherwise, try the fix in the next message.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Another thing is to just disable the clicker mod, load the map, save, enable the clicker mod, then load map again. That should clear any data. There's no easy fix. I really am trying to fix this, but it's a fundamental issue with how the mod keeps track of data, with functions being unserializable across saves game files; I have an overhaul planned.

By the way, this is a very edge case result, typically showing up on a map that's been using the clicker for a while. So, thanks for using my mod. :)

New response