Auto Trash Fix

by pdpt

If you request an item with count > auto trash count, increases auto trash count.

Utilities
6 years ago

g WOW!!

6 years ago

I was browsing recent mods for the first time to get a new perspective other than the in-game mod list and happened upon THIS gem that oughta solve one of my big pet-peeves in the game. The "humping bots"....lol.
Regards,
~B

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Ummm...Back again. It doesn't seem to be working. I have the mod installed, but when I increase a logistic count the trash count for that item is not increasing as well. It might be a mod conflict as I'm running Greedy Quickbar Filters as well as HandyHands. I've also been having an issue with items going to the trash slots and not getting recovered once you go below logistic limits. An example of when I see this happening is when I deconstruct a large area putting items above my logistics limits and into my trash slots and then needing those parts items to reconstruct the area with changes that I'd rather not do manually. My work-around has been to keep clicking items in the trash slots to return them back to my inventory for use in reconstructing.

Anyone else seen this?
Regards,
~B

6 years ago

I'll look into clearing the trash slots, but it might too complicated to be worth adding.

Can you try disabling those mods and seeing if it fixes your issue?

Just to clarify you mean the logistic count is going above the trash count, and the trash count stays correct?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

No. The mod works as advertised. I'm just not sure why the base game can't see that the items it is requesting are sitting right there in my trash slots. I felt that THIS mod was the closest thing that "could" come to fixing that. Seems, in general, we need a mod that allows the player's logistic request system to "see" what's in its trash slots.

The good part is most of this heavy deconstructing/rebuilding is happening far way from the base's large logistic network and the stuff in the trash slots isn't going away. It's just odd to see my personal roboport saying I am missing items that are right there in my trash slots....is all.

New response