Brave New OARC Scenario

This mod is a scenario that overhauls multiplayer merging Brave New World and OARC for an awesome single player / multiplayer game. There are many notable additions and stability changes. This mod supports for Krastorio2, Space Block, Sea Block, Alien modules, Freight Forwarding, DangOreus, Ender Linked Chests, Scrap Resources, many remote modifications to these mods to improve gameplay. Much thanks to OARC and Canidae/Omnifarious - authors of the original OARC and Brave New World.

Scenarios
8 days ago
Environment Logistic network

g 4.2.19-4.2.21 Released

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Some changes made that are pending release:

• Added a value in game settings to increase the logistics range. I highly recommend a maximum value of 0..32 for a normal BNO game, and 0..64 for a
    Krastorio2 game. 32 on normal BNO will cover a whole square base, 64 in Krastorio will do the same, since Krastorio bases are 32 tiles larger than a normal game.
  • Added ability to pick up -fuel. This enables loading of solid-fuel, rocket-fuel, nuclear-fuel into vehicles like lex-aircraft.
    This also enables you to fly a craft like a lex-aircraft that has logistics to a remote location, carry a power source, setup a remote base, without cascading
    roboports to that location. This will be useful later when we offer a teleport feature to remote bases, and silo's.
5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Well I decided to enable normal mode for players, in addition to the mode where you don't have a character. There will be a lot of differences, where the character player has fewer items at start, but they will start with 1/5 the number of bots that the BNO player gets. The character player will be able to mine, craft, insert items, and interact just like a normal Factorio game. The BNO player will be stuck in a Lazy Bastard mode, still unable to craft. This will encourage more players to join and play their style, while BNO players do their own. I suspect that BNO players will be launching rockets more rapidly than character players, since they are unhindered in their movements. Character players should be able to clear nests more easily though. I am still working out the details and have been play testing the character mode. You will be able to choose when you join whether you want Character Mode or Brave New Oarc - God Mode. The character mode player will still start with the large roboportand will have logistics enabled immediately but with much fewer items than the BNO mode player. It'll be interesting to see who launch's first. Much more testing is needed and likely even after the first release there will be changes. Join the discord posted in the game System Info tab, to voice your opinions.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

We did some testing of 4.2.19 which brings in the ability of a player to play in Character mode, along with players in BNO mode. The issue is the FORCE - aka team that player joins has to all be in the same mode. In my current attempts, as soon as someone joins a character team in BNO mode, everyone on that team has many features disabled, since the settings are defined by the force, not the player. This is an unfortunate setting within Factorio that say Mining is a setting for a Force, not a player. Most likely this is due to research impacting mining speed, and research impacts a team/force specific. Working on it ...

4 months ago

Issue fixed, I set the check box for Character Mode to whatever the first person that joined Main Force to be, and disallow changing of that checkbox. If you want character mode, or BNO mode which may be different from what is set for Main Force, you can make your own team and set it to whatever you like.

I'm waiting to release this but first need to complete testing. I hope to find some way of changing player names so I can test this. The devs have locked down Player Name changing. Easiest way to test this is with another person willing to spend 10-20 minutes joining in various modes.

If you'd like to help me make this release, please contact me via discord.
https://discord.gg/mUJDfFEp

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Known issue the Player Menu doesn't show the proper type of player Character or Brave New Player. Minor cosmetic issue - doesn't impact game play. I will fix in next release.

New response