Pavement Drive Assist

by Arcitos

Introduces a driver assistance system that autonomously follows paved roads, while maintaining a preset cruise speed if desired.

Utilities
4 years ago
0.14 - 0.18

i Brake speed

4 years ago

I find the brake distance in the game kind of unrealistic when driving with my car.
The brake distance at 175 km/h is about half the length it takes me to reach that speed. In reality it would be a lot less.
Can you implement a setting in your mod to change the braking power of the car (or any road vehicle)?

4 years ago

Hi Gradenkos, this is an interesting proposal. I never considered altering the braking force of the car and I'm not sure if this is something mods can change. I guess this would require a non trivial hook into core game mechanics, but I'll do some more research on this topic.
Regards,
Arcitos

4 years ago

In some way (despite being kind of late) your mod does stop the car, when you get off the road. Found a way to increase the break force or speed reduction? with nuclear fuel the car goes 135km/h. I tried using the speed limiter but it still takes around 40 to 50 squares to full stop. Maybe you could add a path or signal that helps with that?
Thanks, love your mod, thanks to it it's pleasant to drive along the factory

4 years ago

Hi, with the recent update, this can be done using the new stop signs - they will safely stop all vehicles that enter them. Combined with the new road sensor this can be utilised for automated railroad crossings or gates.

New response