Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i UPS-free belt-teleportation is now available

3 years ago

What do you think about add new UPS-free type of transport items via belts that added by devs in v1.1.6?
"Modding Added the "linked-belt" entity type."
like that ups-free mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LinkedBelts

3 years ago

I'm already very aware of this and will code them into Factorissimo over the winter holidays.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You're AWESOME! I bet that anyone CAN'T WAIT!!!

3 years ago

Nice!

3 years ago

Was about to come here and say this exact same thing :D :D :D

3 years ago

Are there news about this ?

3 years ago

Please say, when new version with this technology will available? Because we're still waiting for this new ver. of Factorissimo to start with it on our new server.

3 years ago

Ah, sorry to keep you waiting. I haven't had much energy recently, so it might be another while before the new version. In case you go ahead and play on your server already, the new version will be compatible with saves using the current version.

2 years ago

Hello again. We're still here waiting.

2 years ago

Implementation seems like it would be relatively straightforward:

1. in the data phase, create a set of linked-belts that have graphics copied from transport and underground belts, when mined they yield the original belt items (ie. the new linked-belts behave as if they were the original kind of belt).
  2. in the control phase, when a connection between belt 1 and belt 2 is identified, fast replace belt 1 and belt 2 with the new linked-belts
  3. link the new linked-belts with each other
  4. ...?
  5. profit?

As far as I can tell, you can probably rotate the linked-belts as if they were regular underground belts, so Factorissimo doesn't need to be able to rotate the belts, and there's no point in adjusting update speed either.

2 years ago

Unless you have a megabase, I don't think the UPS thing is really an issue. Anyway, I just installed the mod mentioned by the OP and I really like it. Works great. So I expect incorporating this into this mod would be a low priority.

2 years ago

Could I install that mod and replace all factory input/output chests with linked belts?

New response