0.17 science conversion deprecated

# DEPRECATED AS OF 2019-03-31T22:13:01 - SUPPORT PHASE ENDED Adds in the new science pack recipes and known tech tree, while keeping 0.16 recipes intact so that the player may update their base at their own pace. Implements almost all 0.17 balance changes: transport-belt, mining, smelting changes, and more (see page for full list). Compatible with existing saves, most big mods and will support release 0.17! IMPORTANT NOTE: Version 0.1.6 of this mod is the last working version of the mod. Version 0.1.7 of the mod will be only for migrating saves to the official 0.17.

Tweaks
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

b Error

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Issue Resolved by the mod creator. (Thank you again!)

Error while running event
017_science::on_plyaer_cursur_stack_changed (ID 29)
__017_science_/control.lua:110: attempt to index global 'highest_speed' (a nil value)

Can't play my current save from the current update as of 11/01/2019

5 years ago

were you running any mods? I tested the pickaxe functionality by joining an old world and it seemed to work. In the next update I put in a catch for the highest_speed value so that if it's nil it'll regenerate the table. If this all doesn't work there should be an option to disable the pickaxe logic and use the old method of manually crafting them.

5 years ago

Yes I do have other mods. It's either one of those interfering with your code. Could it be that I already had 5 pickaxes in the slot when I updated the your mod? When I press Q on the tool belt or anywhere it throws that error.

5 years ago

The pickaxes should not be a problem (they just get absorbed into the infinite pickaxe). I'm going to release 0.0.11 in a few mins, see if that fixes the issue.

5 years ago

I will let you know!

5 years ago

The problem is resolved! You're awesome! I can get back to work on my megabase.

5 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! knew i had something missing from that spaghetti code...

5 years ago

I thought it was still broken but I found that Factorio is not updating the mod correctly. It said it updated to the latest but when I re-entered the game it still crashed. I had to exit the game and manually download and update the mod. Now everything is working again. I wonder if the Factorio mod update system is bugged. Thanks for the quick fix.

New response