Oarc Multiplayer Spawn

by Oarc

Overhauls multiplayer spawning system. This mod serves one purpose. To serve the scenario files over the mod portal. The best source is the github page.

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g General questions

4 years ago

Let me start off by saying that this is the best looking MP spawn system out there at the moment, that being said,
I looked at your github and this page, but i still have questions

Can players on different teams see each other?
Are players on different teams able to visit other players without getting attacked by turrets?
I saw a picture of you on an island with no resources, wouldn't you allays start with resources in each base?
How far away are the aliens cleared when a new base is created?

Thank you

4 years ago

@timma7 Hi! These are excellent questions, I still haven't had time to create a proper FAQ/wiki or something to document this all. Sorry!

If you're looking at the scenario code, definitely look at the config.lua file. I commented a lot of the options with a bit more explanation.

Yes, by default all teams share vision.
All teams are friendly, there is no pvp.
Anyone can opt to create their base with resources, or people can share existing bases to join.
Aliens should be cleared out within at least 15 chunks surrounding the spawn. But I have multiple regions where first there is none, then a few enemies, then more, and the final "unfiltered" area.

I need to document and expose more of these options though, I just haven't had time recently to do it.

Feel free to ask more questions as you have them.

4 years ago

Wonderful, that is just the way i wanted it. Thank you for taking the time to answer these for me

New response