Factory Planner

This mod allows you to plan your production in advance, specifying the recipes and machines that make up each assembly line. It provides powerful features that are fast and intuitive to use, so you can focus on actually building your factory.

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Bug with IR2 Liquid Metal

3 years ago

Can add liquid metal recipes if you have it in the outputs bar, but not if you use metal ingots sourced from liquid metal. IE, you can add liquid metal from pure resource recipe if it is in the outputs bar, but if you add the ingot recipe, and try to add the liquid metal recipe from needed resources portion it says no recipes found.

3 years ago

I think I am running into the same issue. I made a bug report (including screenshot) at IR2 issue tracker. Deadlock thinks it might have something to do with the hide_from_player_crafting flag.

https://github.com/Deadlock989/IndustrialRevolution/issues/27

Hey folks,

Figured I would let you know I had raised the same issue a while ago and Therenas addressed it here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/factoryplanner/discussion/600d4b608727304cd34edee9

If you have a little bit of modding know-how, you can consider modifying the IR recipes use those molten materials to specify the temperatures of their fluid ingredients (matching the temperature at which they're produced). This will make those recipes appear appropriately on Factory Planner.

3 years ago

Thanks for the hint! I'd like to try it out, but I am not at all experienced with modding yet.

I noticed you published a small compatibility mod but now it is listed as deprecated... why? Should I try it or not?

If you want, we can continue discussing in DM, but I couldn't find you on the forums.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Any time :)

So about my deprecated mod, the things that it fixed have already been implemented into IR version 2.0.5 (and later), so it serves no purpose to have it installed/active if you're using a somewhat recent version of IR.

That said, it might come in handy for you since you can use it as a template. Download the mod, unzip it, and place the unzipped folder in your Factorio mods folder. Next, open the data.lua file and delete its contents, replacing them with the following:

if mods["IndustrialRevolution"] then
    -- Molten glass
    data.raw.recipe["glass-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="glass-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}

-- Molten copper
    data.raw.recipe["copper-ingot-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="copper-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["copper-plate-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="copper-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["copper-gear-wheel-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="copper-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}

-- Molten tin
    data.raw.recipe["tin-ingot-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="tin-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["tin-plate-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="tin-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["tin-gear-wheel-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="tin-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}

-- Molten iron
    data.raw.recipe["iron-ingot-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="iron-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["iron-plate-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="iron-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["iron-gear-wheel-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="iron-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}

-- Molten gold
    data.raw.recipe["gold-ingot-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="gold-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}

-- Molten carbon steel
    data.raw.recipe["steel-ingot-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="steel-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["steel-plate-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="steel-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["steel-gear-wheel-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="steel-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}

-- Molten stainless steel
    data.raw.recipe["stainless-molten-from-molten"].ingredients = {
        {type="fluid", name="steel-molten", amount=100, temperature=1800},
        {type="fluid", name="chromium-molten", amount=20, temperature=1910}
    }
    data.raw.recipe["stainless-ingot-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="stainless-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["stainless-plate-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="stainless-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
    data.raw.recipe["stainless-gear-wheel-from-molten"].ingredients = {{type="fluid", name="stainless-molten", amount=40, temperature=1800}}
end

What this code is doing is modifying some of the relevant IR recipes (specifically those involving glass, copper, tin, iron, gold, carbon steel and stainless steel) such that the temperatures of any molten materials they use is specified (which allows Factory Planner to match them correctly). Unless I've made an error somewhere, the recipe ingredient ratios should otherwise be unchanged.

After you save the data.lua file, just load up factorio and make sure to enable the mod (Industrial Revolution Recipes Quickfix) if it's not already enabled.

Do let me know if you have any questions :) I never actually set up an account on the forums so that's probably why you can't find me there!

3 years ago

Hey, thank you for the super helpful answers Penguin. Like I said before, I'll try to address this soon but it's a complicated problem.