Factory Planner

This mod allows you to plan your production in advance, specifying the recipes and machines that make up each assembly line. It provides powerful features that are fast and intuitive to use, so you can focus on actually building your factory.

Utilities
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Finding recipes for fluid ingredients with unspecified temperatures

Hey Therenas,

First of all, thanks for making this mod! I don't think I would have ever attempted any of the big overhaul mods if it wasn't for it :)

I wanted to report an issue with FP that only arose with the most recent update for IR (2.0.5). I believe that IR update added fluid temperatures for molten materials such as glass, copper, iron, when they're created in a building called an "arc furnace". The recipes that consume those molten materials don't appear to specify any temperature values in their recipes.

The issue is that if you try to make a subfactory in FP that makes, say "glass ingots", and you select the recipe that uses molten glass, FP is unable to find any recipes that make molten glass (presumably with no temperature constraints), despite such recipes existing in Recipe Book and Prototype explorer.

My suggestion—if a recipe doesn't specify the temperature of one of its fluid ingredients, FP should be able to find and use recipes that make that fluid at any temperature.

Thanks in advance for considering this :)

3 years ago

Glad you enjoy the mod! This is a known issue actually, fluid temperatures are very messy and not supported very well by FP at the moment. I need to rip out all my temperature related stuff and just re-do it from the ground up, and I haven't gotten to that yet. I'll try to do that as one of the next few things, but no promises. I appreciate the details though, IR will be a good way for me to test my new implementation it seems.

Great! Well, I'm happy to know that it's on your radar at least :)

I think my temporary solution for now will be to assign temperatures to the fluid ingredients of each recipe that uses such molten materials, matching the temperatures at which they're created. It will be a little tedious, since there's a lot of them, but it will probably be worth it in the end.

Thanks!