Factory Planner

This mod allows you to plan your production in advance, specifying the recipes and machines that make up each assembly line. It provides powerful features that are fast and intuitive to use, so you can focus on actually building your factory.

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g [1.1.3] Number of rocket silos is off

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I am sorry if you get reports about this all the time. I didn't notice it before and I couldn't find any reports however. If I overlooked something, just trash this topic.. I noticed that there is a significant difference in the amount of rocket silos needed in kircmcdonald and Factory Planner. Compare the linked kirkmcdonald and the following subfactory. Kircmdonald tells me I need 2, Factory Planner thinks 1.6 is sufficient.

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

I am still hoping that I am just an idiot and overlooking something very obvius.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Looking at this, there does seem to be a discrepancy here. I'm pretty sure I compared my results to KirkMcDonald, but they are different in this case. I'll try to find the cause, thanks for the report! Especially appreciate the factory exchange string you provided.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I took a cursory look at this, and I think my error is applying the productivity bonus to the launch sequence as well, which obviously does not change with productivity. I'm not sure yet how to address this in the code, but I really appreciate you pointing this out!

Edit: Never mind, I figured out a somewhat janky way to fix it! It'll be included with the major version that is due in about a week. Thanks again!
EditEdit: Weeell it turns out to be more complicated to fix. Not sure what I will do about this, my model really isn't laid out to deal with this. We'll see.

3 years ago

Thanks for looking into it! It was driving me mad when I discovered it, because I wasn’t sure it wasn’t just me being stupid. :D

3 years ago

No you're definitely not being stupid, you're very observant :)

1 year, 5 months ago

I ran into this issue too.
Trying to design a factory that runs a silo 100% of the time (aka launching as fast as possible).
So I made it exact limit of rocket silos, it claims I need a certain number of RCU/RF/LDS assemblers. However actually building the factory in editor mode turns out that the belts feeding the silo are always full. The silo (as well as most other ingredients) are setup with Prod mods, and I have a feeling it is miscalculating the productivity modules on the rocket silo.
Doing it in kirk shows I need a few less assemblers for each of the primary ingredients.
Is there any chance of looking at this and fixing it?

1 year, 5 months ago

Hello, it is indeed still an issue, and unfortunately I'm not quite sure how to fix it. I looked into it a couple of times before, and I know what the problem is, but addressing it probably requires redoing quite a bit of the very complex/finicky solver code, which I'd like to not touch if I can. It'll fix it sometime, but I don't have the capacity to at the moment.