Content
1 year, 1 month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Power

g thoughts comments, reviews are welcome

7 years ago

i would like to hear if you like this mod. and let me know of any improvements or reviews.

7 years ago

i played around with this mod with friends. This is far better representation of reactor than original (that magically melts at 200 degrees). Its much more playable, especially when controling reactor output on lower power loads. Its scaling really nicely if needed. Power taken from unit of fuel is still relatively low, but its still better than burning coal.
Really good work! :)

7 years ago

should i increase the power output from fuel?

7 years ago

I am not sure. For bob/angel mods the amount of energy is rather low, but its quite enough for vanilla. Mind that enriched uranium vs coal is like 4 000 000 to 25 MJ/kg, so more or less one rod should be as effective as 160 thousands units of coal. Although, it could be balanced by harder or longer (but not more expensive) enrichment process.

7 years ago

theirs about 792, mj of energy per enriched uranium, i will see about making way to enhance this, though there is even more when you count you can reprocesses it.

also if you open the zip you can easily change the amount of power the reactor produces, though the amount may go over what the pipes can carry at once. i think it would be easier to just add some 0s to the crafting increment. if you want the fuel to last longer.

hence why i changed the fuel to last longer,, you can use one processing facility to run more reactors.

7 years ago

How do you increase reaction time ? I tried to change energy value of breeding reaction in recipes.lua and crafting speed of the reactor, neither did work, even after resetting force recipes. The only thing i can do atm to increase uranium longevity is to create more Slurry from ore which is fine i think, since then you still have to process the waste at the same pace.

1 year, 1 month ago

Lots of changes in version 1.0.6
so anything before this is old.

New response