Fill4Me

by kovus

Fill4Me will automatically insert fuel and/or ammunition from your main inventory into entities when you place them. It is mod-agnostic and will learn about items & entities in other mods. It is an alternative to the Autofill mod.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Not Suported

4 years ago

Ammo frome Rampnant Arsenal Fix ?

4 years ago

Seems to work fine.

Fill4Me does not default to loading explosive ammo into turrets (as they will damage themselves with it). To change this, go to your Mod Settings -> Per-Player, and check "Ignore ammo radius."

If this is not the solution to your problem, then you will need to provide more detail.

4 years ago

Ok did not think about it sorry

4 years ago

hello, thanks you for you mod !
could you supported incendiary munition ?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/IncendiaryMunitions

4 years ago

I’m going to suggest the same solution: check the box to “ignore ammo radius.”

Please let me know how that works out for you.

4 years ago

i will try, but what exacly that change ?

4 years ago

IncendiaryMunitions adds explosive effects to ammunition. Since most turrets do not have a minimum firing distance, Fill4Me plays it safe (by default) and won't load ammo into the turret which will enable the turret to damage itself. By ignoring the ammunition damage radius, Fill4Me will load whatever (best) ammo you have in your inventory.

4 years ago

Thank you for the great mod!
Can you please add support for Modular turrets? Placing, for example, a machinegun turret does not supply it with ammo magazines.

4 years ago

Is "Modular turrets" a mod? If so, I can look into why it won't load ammo mags, but I may need you to be more specific: Type of turret, type of ammo, etc.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yes, Modular turrets is a mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/scattergun_turret). It introduces a number of custom turrets, and add a few ammo types for them. Do I need to enumerate all items? If yes, will english localized names be enough?

4 years ago

Nah, but if you could give me at least one example of something you think should work, but doesn't, it'll help me out in trying to reproduce the issue.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

That's simple.
A basic item of the mod is a "scattergun turret". It should be loaded with vanilla shotgun ammo (2 types) or with Uranium shotgun shells added by this mod.
Another basic item of the mod is a "Heavy MG turret" (front and back line variants) which should be loaded with vanilla bullet magazines. Vanilla bullet mags are also used in a Gatling turret (2 variants).
And then there come few custom ammo types and a few pairs of custom turrets. All of them are listed in the proper research subtree.

4 years ago

I cannot reproduce this issue in a quick test. Do you have any other mods that might be making changes to turret behaviors? I've tested The ones you've mentioned as well as the cannon turret, heavy cannon turret and rocket turret.

4 years ago

I have over hundred mods, but I don't think I have anything that affects turrets. The yellow mod hint says that turrets are only affected by the Natural Evolution Enemies mod (no idea how, though).
I have tried it once again. All of a sudden a Scattergun turret did get autofilled (I feel dumb; I am sure that a couple of hours ago it was not autofilled). However a "Heavy MG turret (backline)" still did not.
Well, let it stay this way. Your mod is great anyway!

New response