Fill4Me

by kovus

Fill4Me will automatically insert fuel and/or ammunition from your main inventory into entities when you place them. It is mod-agnostic and will learn about items & entities in other mods. It is an alternative to the Autofill mod.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Special ammo question

5 years ago

You mentioned the mod doesn't prioritize special ammo. But I noticed it doesn't fill the ammo at all, even if that's all you've got. Just leaves the turrets empty. Tried this with Bob's H.E. bullets.

5 years ago

Bob's HE bullets (along with the poison, flame, and acid bullets) all define a 'range' value with them, which is the minimum range that the bullet will fire upon a target. The gun turret has a minimum range of 0, which means that loading it with those particular ammo types will enable the turret to destroy itself just by firing.

Per an old design request, Fill4Me will not load ammunition into a turret whose minimum firing range is smaller than the radius of damage of the ammunition. So, "working as intended."

I will see about adding a per-player override to this, so that you can decide if you want Fill4Me to help prevent you loading ammunition into turrets that will get them to destroy themselves.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for explaining that. I'll see if maybe Bob would be open to changing this value as well -- which I think may be a better solution. Although certainly adding an option for the user is always a good idea.

5 years ago

I don't think it's something likely that Bob would change, since the point of those ammunition items is that they do radius-based damage. Eg, when you shoot something with the HE bullets, it damages everything in a 3-unit radius.

5 years ago

I've added a player-configurable option in 0.5.3 to ignore the ammo radius, so that you can choose to insert things like HE bullets into turrets.

5 years ago

thanks!

New response